Free $10

Join Strike and earn $10 when you sign up and verify your account using my referral code: BQANP2 ( https://invite.strike.me/BQANP2 )

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Google Inbox Thoughts

I have been using Google Inbox for a while now.  You can read up more on the features here ( http://www.google.com/inbox/ ) but I will share my thoughts on each of the key features.

Bundles - This groups similar emails together, so (for example) all your promotions are in one bundle but anything financial related is in another.  This is very useful when you have many emails and want to prioritize which ones you look at first.

Highlights - I notice this most with Amazon purchases.  As you can see below, it quickly gives you an update on package shipping (as an example).



Reminders -  This gives you a simple method to put in reminders that will show up in Google Inbox.

Snooze - This gives you a quick way to hide an email for you to look at it later.  However, the only problem I have is that I tent to "snooze" many emails I am always doing a battle of snoozing them again like a game of whac-a-mole but that just means I need to act on them (or mark them as "Done" which archives them).  Similar to an alarm clock in the morning, at some point you have to stop hitting snooze and actually get things done.

As a side note, I have two other yahoo accounts (one I check often, one I rarely check) and I ended up adding them into Gmail.  Now I get all my email in one place, and I can even send and reply to emails using my yahoo address if I want.  This is not specific to Google Inbox, it is part of Gmail, but I enjoy using Google Inbox so much I wanted to consolidate all my email into one place.

Bottom line, I personally enjoy Google Inbox and the fact that Gmail is still accessible it makes this a no brainer to try out and see if you like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment