Free $10

Join Strike and earn $10 when you sign up and verify your account using my referral code: BQANP2 ( https://invite.strike.me/BQANP2 )

Friday, March 6, 2015

Bluetooth Speaker Teardown

Recently the charging plug on one of my Bluetooth speakers broke and I decided to take the speaker apart.  I initially just wanted to take it apart to see what was there, and show my son the electronics inside however I decided I would also post the info on my blog just in case anyone was interested.

The speaker was an Aduro S2 (Sound Squared) speaker.  Unfortunately I didn't take any step by step photos, but here are the photos I did take.

After unscrewing a bunch of things (and breaking a few pieces of plastic) these are all the parts I had.
Speakers
Battery (Left) and circuit board (Right)
Close up of the circuit board
The microUSB connector that broke off the circuit board.
Bottom of the circuit board, pretty sure the smaller circuit is the Bluetooth receiver
These parts were at the hinge parts of the assembly.
Pretty sure they just gave resistance when you adjusted the speaker
The battery - based on some research online it seems to be a Lithium polymer battery.
The case seems to be a metal foil and not a hard material but I didn't go poking it or anything.
I was thinking about trying to solder some wires to supply the power that would have come through the mircroUSB port, but I don't know where my soldering pen is and I don't know if I even want to take the time to do it.  Even if I don't fix it, I think it was interesting to take it apart and see what was inside the speaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment