Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Ledger on Pixel 9 Pro

I recently got a Pixel 9 Pro XL.  I tried to connect my Ledger device ( a Nano S Plus ) to my Pixel, but the screen (on the Ledger) did not turn on.  At first, I assumed that the cable wasn't fully inserted (some cases cause issues) so I removed the case, and then tried another cable.  Nothing worked, so I grabbed my Chromebook Duet to verify the Ledger actually still worked (it did).

So far my testing narrowed the issue down to my Pixel 9 Pro XL.  I actually had access to a Pixel 9 Pro (not XL), and I did a quick test to confirm that it does work on a Pixel 9 Pro.

So bottom line, Ledger (Nano S Plus) with Android 14 (as of 10/1/2024) does not work with Pixel 9 Pro XL, but does work with the Pixel 9 Pro.  It could just be my device, but I saw other people post so I plan to see if I can confirm if they are using a 9 Pro XL.

As a short term fix, if you use a USB-C hub (and connect your Ledger to the hub) it works.  Hopefully someone stumbles across this post so they save the headache of trying to figure out what is wrong.  Also I plan to try to reach Google and open up a bug report.

Update: I submitted a feature request hopefully that works.  Please use the +1 vote option if you have the same issue:
Update 2: Well the issuetracker entry was basically closed, that isn't the right place to submit for Pixel issues.

1 comment:

  1. i have the exact same issue on my Pixel 9 (not the Pro or the Pro XL). I now use my Pixel tablet for my crypto/Ledger business.

    ReplyDelete