Free $10

Join Strike and earn $10 when you sign up and verify your account using my referral code: BQANP2 ( https://invite.strike.me/BQANP2 )

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Square Cash - Use at your own risk

I recently ran into an issue where Square Cash took actions that ended up making me lose money.  Basically I was sending the $ back and forth to hit $50 total, and they decided to cancel all the incoming transactions.  The other person claims they didn't get the money either, so either Square Cash is lying or they are - either way Square Cash should have left the transactions alone, or cancelled them all - by choosing to only cancel the ones TO me I lost $50.

Of course their support is not helpful - you can't reach them on the phone, and via email they just give you the same pre-canned answered or don't seem to understand the issue.  Bottom line they told me to either try to resolve it with the person, or dispute the charges with my bank.  Of course some of the money was from my Cash App balance - so I can't dispute it with the bank leaving me out of options since Square Cash will not help me recover my loss.

To top it all off, they just advised me of the following:

"Our Account Services team conducted a review of your account and determined it to be high-risk. We are exercising our right under the Square Cash Agreement and have elected to deactivate your account."

Apparently having $50 taken from you then being a vocal customer who actually contacts their support about an issue they caused is "high-risk" because I know I didn't do anything else with my account that would be an issue.

"For security purposes, we cannot divulge further details regarding your account termination and our decision is final."

Well of course they wouldn't explain this decision, I am sure they don't have a good explanation and don't need one all they have to do is deactviate my account and I am out of luck.

Oh and to top it all off, I had pending referrals so that is another $10 per person they robbed me of.

So bottom line here, I no longer recommend Square Cash.  If you have problems they may not help you, and if you dare complain they will just deactivate your account apparently.  They need better customer service, like T-Mobile or Amazon -- companies that actually care about their customers as customers and not just profit.

Go here ( http://bigboystoys13.blogspot.com/2016/12/money-transfer-apps.html ) for alternate options, personally Circle Pay and Google Wallet are my favorites.

NOTE: This is just my opinion, make your own decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment