Free $10

Join Strike and earn $10 when you sign up and verify your account using my referral code: BQANP2 ( https://invite.strike.me/BQANP2 )

Sunday, December 18, 2016

T-Mobile DIGITS Beta

I signed up for the T-Mobile DIGITS Beta, and will update this blog post as I play around with it.

Initial Setup - I started off with the option of just using one number (my main one on a S7 Edge) on multiple devices.  I setup the T-Mobile DIGITS software on my LG tablet.  I used another phone ( non-T-Mobile ) for some of the testing.

Once everything was setup, I started to do a few tests.

Text Messaging

1) I sent a message from the non-T-Mobile phone to my number linked to DIGITS.  The message showed up on my S7E as normal and showed up on the LG tablet in the DIGITS app.

2) I responded from my LG tablet to the non-T-Mobile phone, and that worked fine.  I responded from my S7 and it took a minute or two for the response to finally show up on the non-TMobile phone.  The next test from the S7 to the non-T-Mobile phone worked much quicker, and the LG tablet showed the response too.

So far it seems like responses from the DIGITS app on the LG do not get sync'd over to the S7, but if you respond on the S7 it does show up on the LG.  I currently see this as a disadvantage when compared to Google Voice / Hangouts, which syncs the messages across both devices.

Calling

1) I called from the non-T-Mobile phone to the DIGITS number, and both devices rang.

2) I answered on the LG tablet using DIGITS app, it seemed to work fine.

3) I noticed a "switch device" option, when I pressed it two options showed up "No name" and "Sim Device".  I tried "Sim Device" and my S7 rang again.

So bottom line the tablet was able to answer the call, and hand off to the phone which was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment